The Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining the integrity, security, and availability of multiple databases.
The position will require you to:
• Help design, develop, and test state-of-the-art Cloud-based platforms that enhance DevOps and data analytics capabilities of a US national agency.
• Implement and maintain complex databases. Implement procedures to control the access and allocation of data and maintain security controls.
• Maintain database definitions and documentation and apply basic principles, theories, and concepts to job assignments.
• Provide full competence in the area. Solve a diverse range of complex problems and work with limited direction.
• Interface with internal and external clients and make significant contributions to department goals and planning efforts.
• 2 + years working with Database Management Systems (DBMS) to include database performance tuning, database replication and data updates.
• 2 + years developing, implementing and administering security policies/procedures
• Security+ certification is required or to be obtained within 3 months of hire
Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager, Postgres Plus Advanced Server, Red Shift, or RDS helpful. Certification as AWS Associate or Professional Solution Architect, Developer, DevOps Engineer or Systems Operator also helpful.
STEMBoard is a technology solutions company that creates smart systems and software solutions for government and large-scale private sector clients. We are growing fast and need passionate, innovative people who love working with technology and are ready to make an impact.
Here's what you can expect from us:
• You will work with great people who love what they do: our team includes published authors, patent holders, and internationally renowned engineers.
• We care about our employees: we invest in professional development and reward creativity. Starting day one, every employee is bonus eligible and receives 14 days of paid vacation.
• We invest in the community: STEMBoard boasts a lively education and outreach program that teaches engineering to the historically underserved.