The Data Integration (ETL) Developer is responsible for developing applications and processes that are required to extract, transform, cleanse, and manage data and metadata to be loaded into a data warehouse, data mart, or operational data store.
The position will require you to:
• Perform development of data extraction, ingestion, transformation, enhancing, formatting, validation, cleansing, processing and analytics components.
• Develops extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes to integrate data across multiple sources for analysis purposes.
• Defines and captures metadata and rules associated with ETL processes.
• Creates and executes unit tests and documents results.
• Supports functional, integration or system testing, and UAT.
• Plan and conduct major technical phases of significant projects by coordinating the efforts of technical support staff and the performance of assigned projects.
• Review completion and implementation of technical products and evaluate vendor capabilities
• B.S. degree or equivalent work experience in computer programming, analysis, and design is required. Education should include both formal and work related experiences.
• 2+ years’ experience working SQL databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, SQLServer
• 2+ years of experience setting up and developing ETL applications and processes.
• 2+ years’ experience developing on UNIX/Linux platforms.
• 2+ years’ experience developing with interpreted languages (e.g. shell scripts, PL/SQL, Perl, or similar).
• 2+ years’ experience working in a data warehouse or data mart environment.
Experience any of following technologies desired: Apache Spark, NiFi, Kinesis or Kafka. Certification as AWS Associate or Professional Solution Architect, Developer, DevOps Engineer or Systems Operator also helpful.
STEMBoard is a technology solutions company that creates smart systems and software solutions for government and large-scale private sector clients. We are growing fast and need passionate, innovative people who love working with technology and are ready to make an impact.
Here's what you can expect from us:
• You will work with great people who love what they do: our team includes published authors, patent holders, and internationally renowned engineers.
• We care about our employees: we invest in professional development and reward creativity. Starting day one, every employee is bonus eligible and receives 14 days of paid vacation.
• We invest in the community: STEMBoard boasts a lively education and outreach program that teaches engineering to the historically underserved.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. STEMBoard strives to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our company culture. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at STEMBoard.