Job Description: Middleware Engineer
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Employment Status: Full Time
Travel Required? No
Job Summary (Day to day functions):
The Middleware Engineer will independently evaluate, design and engineer the middleware products and assist in integration of client facing applications from the developer community into the customer environment. Should have the ability to influence project decisions and make decisions for assigned projects based on established strategy. Provide expert level complex, high-level technical solutions for the applications and carry out complex assignments requiring the development of new and/or improved techniques and procedures. You will work with multiple upgrade/migration approved projects working with JBOSS and MicroServices based platforms, messaging platforms such as WebSphere, Message Broker and ETL technologies.
• Performs analysis and makes recommendations in areas that require a high level of technical competency.
• Designs data bases and data dictionary criteria.
• Performs a variety of complex programming tasks, such as designing, documenting, and coding program logic.
• Provides technical training, guidance, and resource support for end users and Departmental staff.
• Provides application support and enhancements to existing applications. Defines system requirements, priorities, and viable alternatives. Coordinates the efforts of staff to locate, assess, install, test, and maintain computer software systems. Coordinates conversions and upgrades to vendor systems.
• Performs as a project lead and directs systems analysts. Provides leadership and coordination on projects assigned to systems analysts.
Minimum Experience, Education and Certification:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology required
• Experience in prevailing industry architecture and engineering methodologies such as TOGAF or Zachman
• 5+ years of experience engineering and implement Application Servers including WebSphere Application Server, JBoss, IIS and Tomcat
• 5+ years of experience engineering Web Servers including Apache WebServer and IIS
• 5+ years of experience in engineering and implementation of ESB technology
• 5+ years of experience in engineering and implementation of Messaging
• 5+ years of experience in SOA including SOAP, REST and WS* standards
• Strong experience in API management
• Strong experience in SOA Governance and Monitoring
• Strong knowledge in identity management, single sign-on and authentication products
• Good understanding of Databases - Oracle, MS SQL Server
• Good understanding of IT Infrastructure and Monitoring tools
• Experience with Unix shell, Perl, WLST scripts to perform middleware automation and maintenance tasks.
• Excellent problem solving, communications, prioritization and organizational skills
• Executes with minimal direction
• Highly collaborative and team oriented
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. The person in this position frequently communicates with end-users/customer. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 95% of the time.
Work will exist in a controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead waist level from floor), bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use; frequently fast paced environment.
This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice at management’s sole discretion.