Orbis Technologies, located in Annapolis, MD, is a leader in providing cloud computing based semantic text analytics, to support entity extraction, relationship identification, and semantic search in a Hadoop cloud-processing environment. Seeking talented part-time Software Quality Assurance Analysts who desire to further their careers in big data and open source development predominantly in Java, and work with cloud computing including the use of Hadoop, Accumulo, CloudBase, HBase, and core semantic web technologies.
• Join a team oriented environment, participate in Scrum meetings, drive and execute various technical project phases from development through implementation of advanced web technology solutions for commercial and government clients. Many projects include integration of open source software with developed web services to create custom solutions for our clients.
• Work with our software development teams and Director, Release Management and Software Quality to discover and document test cases and test coverage for our programs.
• Locate and report defects throughout our software products and verify that solutions meet customer requirements and are properly covered with a variety of unit, functional, automated and manual tests.
• Use Agile/SCRUM methodologies to provide feedback for continuous improvement to our development practices
• U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD TS/SCI security clearance. Existing clearance a plus but not required.
• Candidates ideally will have 2-5+ years of experience in a SQA or similar role testing large scale integrated software products and web technology.
• Practical or theoretical knowledge of configuration and issue management tools (such as Subversion/Mercury/git and Trac/JIRA/Rally)
• Understands and ability to use Agile/SCRUM development methodologies
• Experience implementing semantic web technologies (OWL, RDF) in various customer deployed applications a plus.
• Experience with Jenkins DSL, Jmeter, Selenium, and GitLab. a plus.
Orbis Technologies, Inc. employs and promotes a highly talented and diverse workforce and environment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, or national origin.
**3rd Party Recruiters - Please do not contact - There is no interest in using your services for this position.**