TekStream Solutions is seeking a Network Engineer for our client in Reston, VA and Washington, DC.
Clearance: TS/SCI Clearance Required (CI Poly preferred or eligible)
• Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop network requirements specifications
• Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
• Analyzes network requirements and capacity and leads design and development activities
• Provides technical leadership for the integration of network requirements, design, and technology
• Incorporates new network plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations• Develops network architecture and network design documentation
• Guides network development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of network engineering management plans and network integration and test plans
• Design and perform integration of new technologies into local and wide area networks
• Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems
• Manage the transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes
• Interacts with the Government regarding Network Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
• Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Network Engineering area of responsibility
• Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
• Active TS/SCI (CI Poly preferred or eligible)
• HS and 10+ yrs relevant experience; OR Associate's and 8+ yrs relevant exp; OR Bachelor's and 6+ yrs relevant experience; OR Master's and 4+ yrs of relevant exp; OR PhD and 2+ yrs of relevant exp
• Proficient with shell scripting on either Linux or Windows -e.g. Bash, PowerShell
• Proficient in Routing Protocols and Related Technologies -e.g. IPv4, IPv6, TCP/IP, IGP, BGP, QoS, Subnet Masking
• Proficient with Network scanning utilities (NMAP, Nessus, SCAP, Wireshark, Retina, etc)
• Experience with Networking Hardware -e.g. Cisco, Juniper, etc
• Familiarity with Amazon Web Services Networking Concepts -e.g. Virtual Private Cloud, Subnets, Security Groups, Bastion Hosts, NAT, etc.
• Ability to occasionally work in primarily in Reston and occasionally in DC as required
• Certification in Networking or Systems -e.g. CCNP, CCIE, CompTIA Network+, Cisco Hardware
• Certification in Security -e.g. CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP, or CASP
• IAT II Certification in Security+ or GIAC Security Essentials Certification
• Certification in Amazon Web Services -e.g. SysOps, DevOps, Solution Architect
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
If this position feels right for you, click the Apply button below!
TekStream Solutions is a Consulting Services Organization with Recruiting, Delivery, and Managed Services expertise in the IT Federal Space. We partner with key suppliers of the federal government. TekStream offers information technology and engineering professionals the opportunity to work with award-winning agencies, supporting a wide array of government sectors.