TekStream Solutions is seeking a Systems Administrator, Exchange SME in Chantilly, VA to build and manage Exchange servers. Position will require on call support and occasional night and weekend work. Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a CI Polygraph if requested. Computing Environment Certifications will be determined at hire and must be obtained within six (6) months of hire.
• Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
• Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
• Sets up administrator and service accounts.
• Maintains system documentation.
• Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
• Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software; coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
• Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
• May program in an administrative language.
• Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
• Provides advice and training to end-users.
• Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
• May serve as a technical team or task leader.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
• Participates in special projects as required.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
• 8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis
• Exchange 2007\2010 Administration
• Active Directory Management
• GPO management
• Windows server 2008\2012
If this position feels right for you, click the Apply button below! In the application process, you can attach your resume for our review.
TekStream Solutions is a Consulting Services Organization with Recruiting, Delivery, and Managed Services expertise in the IT Federal Space. We partner with key suppliers of the federal government. TekStream offers information technology and engineering professionals the opportunity to work with award-winning agencies, supporting a wide array of government sectors.