"This is a challenging position for a Systems Engineer to work on a new, highly visible, consultation service team providing encryption, security engineering expertise, and guidance to project teams and system implementers. The selected candidate will focus on the systems engineering/cyber security engineering related tasks. The selected candidate will communicate with team leads and senior leadership, assess changes, and rapidly change direction in support of new and/or changing requirements.
This effort will address a variety of activities including, but not limited to:
• Providing system security architecture, design, and cryptographic service implementation advice.
• Assisting teams in understanding and addressing system security issues identified during the assessment process.
• Investigating new technologies, as well as Type 2 and commercial cryptographic products."
1. Seven or more years of demonstrated on-the-job experience in two (2) or more of the following areas: Network; host; data or application security in multiple operating system environments.
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access lists.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with Internet, web, application, and network security techniques.
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing documentation to meet security requirements and guidance.
"1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.)
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Cross Domain Solutions that transfer data between networks operating at different classification levels.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with AWS (Amazon Web Services) architecture and other cloud computing environments.
4. Professional certifications in cyber security area of expertise,
CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional;
CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker;
GIAC – Global Information Assurance Certification;
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the Sponsor's policies, directive, and standards."