Location: Bellevue, NE
Start: ASAP - this turns around quickly
Clearance: Minimum Active Secret
The program has several positions within the team available for Software Engineers with grades of ENG02 or ENG03 based on experience and skill applicability. We have outlined the general position description and desired skills below.
Software Engineer Roles and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the coding, deployment, maintenance, optimization and documentation of software applications in a multi-tier, distributed, browser-based enterprise computer system
• Understand SOA concepts and patterns
• Plan, estimate, and implement programming tasks
• Perform unit testing to ensure the quality of code produced Research and fact fining to develop or modify moderately complex information systems
• Focuses on building solutions for long-term sustainability, not short term usefulness
• Participates in the entire lifecycle of software development including requirements definition, architecture and development specifications, coding, quality assurance testing, deployment, documentation and support
• Collaborates with other developers and product analysts effectively
• Works well in a team environment
• ENG02 and ENG03 grade candidates will be expected to have experience that demonstrates they are positioned to work on more challenging assignments and provide thought leadership on the team
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field. At least 2 years of relevant technical experience for ENG02, and at least 5 years of relevant technical experience and some technical team leadership experience for an ENG03.
• U.S. Citizenship
• DoD Secret security clearance eligibility
• Software analysis and design experience
• Demonstrates teamwork and leadership skills
• Experience or coursework using Object oriented languages such as Java, Python, C++ or .NET languages
Not all preferred qualifications apply to all available positions.
• Current DoD Secret security clearance
• Understanding of Agile Software development practices
• Understanding of OGC / GIS services
• IBL Visual Weather experience
• Proficient in Flex, C++, C#, or Swift
• Familiarity with JSON / XML, KML
• J2EE Web Services development experience using Oracle Weblogic and/or Glassfish and familiarity with EJB or servlets
• SQL (MySQL, Oracle) experience
• JUnit Unix-based experience
• Shell scripting (bash, ksh) experience
• Meteorology / Familiarity with weather data
• Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, FishEye)
• Experience with Jenkins continuous integration tool, Mercurial distributed version control system, and Maven
- Does the job include any database work? SQL, table building, etc.
Yes, we have an open software engineering position which requires Oracle database work. It is mainly a Java development position, but some of the responsibilities include SQL work which may include table modifications, data manipulation, etc.
- Does the team work in an agile environment? Scrum?
Yes, all of the software teams on SEMS utilize Scrum for Agile development.
- Does the position require on-call? and at what frequency?
Yes, on-call support is required. Depending on the team size, the teams rotate the on-call duties so that frequency is roughly every 4 to 10 weeks. An individual typically provides on-call support for one full week during a rotation.
- What are the traditional hours of operation for a normal workday?
In order to provide flexibility, core duty hours are from 9 am to 3 pm. An employee is expected to work on-site during the core hours, allowing the employee the discretion to work their remaining hours for the day before 9 am or after 3 pm. Typically, employees work from 8 am to 5 pm or 9 am to 6 pm. Employees work 40 hours per week.
Sterling Computers is an IT integrator that provides information technology, systems engineering and professional services to customers in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, federal civil and commercial sectors. As one of the nation's leading Value Added Resellers (VAR) and fastest growing Systems Integrators, we have the partnerships, access to technology, training and certifications to plan, integrate and manage large-scale, mission-critical IT programs.
Our primary focus areas:
Big Data Analytics
Data Center design/engineering
Cross Domain enablement – Multi-Level Secure design/deployment/support
Virtualization and Storage Engineers
Systems Engineering /Administration
Value - Added Reseller
Sterling Computers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or applicable local law