Orbis Technologies, Inc. needs a Sr. Software Engineer to lead its big data cloud analytic projects for immediate hire. Bring your Software Development life cycle talents to lead big data cloud analytic projects. Orbis is a leading developer of software products for data analytic applications for both DoD and commercial domains. On a day-to-day basis, you will work alongside a talented team that is small, dynamic, and agile with opportunities to have high impact to the organization and perform in the following ways:
• Actively participate in teams working on projects by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
• Lead project initiatives through implementation of advanced web technology solutions.
• Manages disciplined configuration management and SDLC infrastructure to develop Big Data services, applications and solutions.
• Supports engineering efforts that provide engineering, technical, and managerial direction for problem definition, analysis, requirement development, and implementation for complex systems in the engineering discipline required to meet technical requirements.
• Works directly with clients and senior level management to develop resolve requirements, technical direction system development, improvements, optimization, or project support efforts.
• Writes technical design specifications.
• Assists in the modification of company products, customer, and/or internal systems to meet the needs of the client and/or end-user.
• Implements and contributes to new software design or enhancements to existing software.
• Assesses impact of changes to applications and systems and makes recommendations.
• Develops integration plans.
• Implements and adheres to coding standards and naming conventions.
• Follows Agile software development Standard Operating Procedures and help write and improve software and process documentation.
• Manages project scheduling.
• Develops well-designed and documented software within schedule.
• Keeps current with latest software development tools and techniques.
• Provides leadership and mentoring to junior staff.
• Takes part in decisions affecting long range organizational goals and strategic planning.
• Improve and maintain the existing software performance.
• Provide tier-3 support to end users
Experience and Skills
• U.S. citizenship required along with ability to obtain a DoD clearance.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or other related technical degree
• Experience using one or more leading Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
• Java development experience and/or object-oriented programming skills
• Good verbal and written English communication skills.
• Ability to communicate complex issues with technical peers and non-technical clients.
• Ability to work in a team environment towards the common objective of meeting client expectations, client commitments, and company profitability goals.
• Experience with user interface design and prototyping
• Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices
• Ability to compose sequence diagram
• Previous experience in writing API documentation
• Experience in and/or strong desire to learn cloud data storage systems (MarkLogic, Accumulo, MongoDB, etc.).
• Practical or theoretical knowledge of configuration and issue management tools (such as Subversion/Mercury/Git and Trac/JIRA/Rally).
• Experience in developing Web Services, programming with object oriented and/or declarative languages including experience with XML technologies such as XSLT, XQuery and/or XPath.
• Experience with OSGI
• 30 days flexible PTO including 15 vacation days, 5 sick days, 10 holidays with 2 being floating holidays.
• Plus, 1-week additional time off awarded for life events such as adoption, childbirth, and marriage.
• Tuition reimbursement
• 401(k) with 100% match with immediate vesting up to 4% of contributions
• Free health insurance
• Free dental
• Free vision
• Free life insurance equal to twice your salary
• Free short-term and long-term disability insurance
• And more!
Orbis Technologies, Inc. employs and promotes a highly talented and diverse workforce and environment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or any other protected class.
**3rd Party Recruiters - Please do not contact - There is no interest in using your services for this position.**