Orbis Technologies, Inc. is seeking an experienced TS/SCI level cleared Senior Software Developer at a client location in Reston, Virginia. This position joins a talented team of software engineers and developers that work on Big Data content management analytics and solutions for government and commercial clients.
Orbis is a leader in providing cloud computing based semantic text analytics, using MapReduce, to support entity extraction, relationship identification, and semantic search in a Hadoop cloud-processing environment. We are seeking talented Software Developers to learn Hadoop, advanced Big Data Analytics and cloud computing. The selected candidate will be trained in Annapolis, Maryland for 30 days on Hadoop, Natural Language Processing, and select Big Data technologies prior to joining the team at the client location.
• Provides technical guidance and hands-on software integration services to our on-site customer
• Lead the effort to optimize, configure and customize advanced Big Data analytics based on client data
• Execution of the integration effort in an Agile environment
• Continuing education in Hadoop, NoSQL databases and select Big Data technologies
• 3+ years of Java development experience
• Design, code and integrate rule based analytics to optimize data processing
• Perform data science tasks to identify gaps in analytic performance
• Regularly asked to communicate between Orbis and client on technical issues.
• 30 days flexible PTO including 15 vacation days, 5 sick days, 10 holidays with 2 being floating holidays.
• Plus, 1-week additional time off awarded for life events such as adoption, childbirth, and marriage.
• Tuition reimbursement
• 401(k) with 100% match with immediate vesting up to 4% of contributions
• Free health insurance
• Free dental
• Free vision
• Free life insurance equal to twice your salary
• Free short-term and long-term disability insurance
Experience and Skills
• TS with SCI
• Familiarity with distributed data processing of large datasets and REST data services
• BS or Advanced degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related technical area (Math, Bioinformatics, other Engineering)
• Candidates ideally will have 3-8+ years of experience developing and integrating web-based solutions with excellent Java (or related object-oriented) programming skills
• Willingness to obtain company-paid CompTIA Security+ certification
Orbis Technologies, Inc. employs and promotes a highly talented and diverse workforce and environment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, or national origin.
**3rd Party Recruiters - Please do not contact - There is no interest in using your services for this position.**