Orbis Technologies, Inc. has a Senior Software Engineer/Architect opening for a work location in Annapolis, MD. Orbis is a leading developer of Hadoop based products for data analytic applications for both DoD and Commercial domains.
The following are the position responsibilities:
• Directs and manages execution of software systems engineering requirements definition and software architecture
• Performs technical trade studies associated with design, development, and integration of hardware, software, and Big Data machine learning analytics
• Creates software system application, analytics, and system test cases and test plans.
• Develops software architectural products (UML, Sequence diagrams, ontologies, etc.) and deliverables for the enterprise
• Provides mentoring to junior technical staff
Skills and Experience:
• US citizenship is required and ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
• Bachelor’s in Engineering or other hard science/mathematics degree
• 10 years’ applicable experience
• Experience with producing System Architecture diagrams and supporting documentation
• Experience leading system test plan creation and execution efforts
• Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
• Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache)
• Familiarity with Java
• Experience developing in a Scrum framework
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical users
• Relocation assistance available for this position!
• 30 days flexible PTO including 15 vacation days, 5 sick days, 10 holidays with 2 being floating holidays.
• Plus, 1-week additional time off awarded for life events such as adoption, childbirth, and marriage.
• Tuition reimbursement
• 401(k) with 100% match with immediate vesting up to 4% of contributions
• Free health insurance
• Free dental
• Free vision
• Free life insurance equal to twice your salary
• Free short-term and long-term disability insurance
• And more!
Orbis Technologies, Inc. employs and promotes a highly talented and diverse workforce and environment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or any other protected class.
**3rd Party Recruiters - Please do not contact - There is no interest in using your services for this position.**