Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
Requisition #: 8-SPRS-20-16
CENTRA Technology, Inc. has an immediate opening for Structural Protection and Response Specialist.
U.S. Citizenship and existing Top Secret with SCI are absolutely required.
Responsible for coordinating with the Government Task Lead by providing technical advice and guidance. Primary duties include:
- Evaluate the ability of the critical assets to survive various threats and hazards by conducting analyses of the response of structures, above and below ground, such as buildings, bridges, dams and those structures that house and protect critical assets and their supporting infrastructures and their contents to diverse threats and hazards
- Identify all aspects of structural related issues and providing recommendations to mitigate or eliminate identified vulnerabilities.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years operational experience in the military or other comparable civilian position in structural or civil engineering role.
- Extensive experience with all the following blast software: Vulnerability Assessment and Protection Option (VAPO), Component Explosives Damage Assessment Workbook (CEDAW), Conventional Weapons Effects Calculations (CONWEP), Window Glazing Analysis Response and Design (WinGARD), and Single Degree of Freedom Blast Effects Design Spreadsheets (SBEDS).
- Intimate understanding of regulations and requirements outlined in United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) directives, specifically the Unified Facility Criteria related to the DoD Minimum Standoff Distance and Design Manual.
- Working knowledge of those issues and threats driving Design Based Threat (DBT) for military and Government facilities and construction programs.
- Thorough understanding of all blast modeling programs used by the military and the Federal Government.
- Ability to work with targeting specialists and physical security specialists to determine effects of blast, damage assessment, and physical barriers to mitigate blast affects.
- Understanding of vulnerability assessment fundamentals and principles.
- Familiarity with DoD survivability assessments and mission assurance guidance.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Antiterrorism Force Protection Program and surveillance procedures against US personnel if deployed in an overseas environment and of foreign Intelligence Collection against US Personnel.
- Willing to accept worldwide deployments which include high threat permissive areas presenting some risks to personal safety.
- Be capable of operating in all operational and physical environments and work closely with USG military, US Department of State and/or civilian personnel.
Hours: 0730-1600 hours M-F
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
- PhD or Masters of Science degree in Civil Engineering.
- Experience working as a Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Former work assignment with the USACE.
- Prior experience as a military civil engineering officer.
- Experience conducting vulnerability-based assessments.
- Willingness to travel.
- Prior military operational experience desirable in high-threat environment.
CENTRA Technology, Inc. provides analytic services and systems engineering to US Government and commercial customers. We have offices in Burlington, MA and Arlington, VA. EOE/Veterans/Disabled.
CENTRA offers a full range of benefits, including competitive salary, comprehensive health plan including dental coverage, company-paid life & disability insurance policies, 401(k) plan with company match and profit-sharing, ESOP, incentive bonuses, and a generous educational reimbursement program.
Interested candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job code 8-SPRS-20-16 in the subject line.