Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
Requisition #: 8-WMDS-23-16
CENTRA Technology, Inc. has an immediate opening for Weapons of Mass Destruction Specialist.
U.S. Citizenship and existing Top Secret with SCI are absolutely required.
Responsible for coordinating with the Government Task Lead by providing technical advice and guidance. Primary duties include:
- Determine and evaluate the effects of Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD), Chemical / Biological / Nuclear (CBRN) threats, Toxic Industrial Chemicals / Materials (TIC/TIM), and Hazmat hazards, on the assessed mission with a focus on health effects; CBRN/hazmat detection; identification sampling; and Emergency Response and Consequence Management tailored to the specific and local threats of the assessed mission.
- Identify all aspects of WMD- related issues and providing recommendations to mitigate or eliminate identified vulnerabilities.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience assessing and analyzing WMD hazards and their impact.
- Experience using Hazard Prediction and Assessment Capability (HPAC) and Area Locations of Hazardous Atmospheres (Aloha) and other current WMD computer simulations modeling tools.
- Expert in Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and high Explosives (CBRNE) weapons effects.
- Understanding of the WMD threat environment and potential methods of employing WMD in a variety of scenarios and conditions and understands threats posed by hazardous industrial materials.
- Understanding of WMD mitigation measures, technologies, and applicable U.S. government standards
- Possess ability to develop plausible threat scenarios and provide coherent reports on vulnerabilities and mitigation measures to include engineering design reviews.
- Possesses an understanding of DoD and Federal, State and local doctrine and guidelines on WMD defense and associated security, safety, and reliability programs.
- Understand force protection and emergency management programs as they apply to managing WMD incidents and response measures and be knowledgeable of current WMD/CBRNE R&D programs.
- Knowledge of health effects, CBRN/hazmat detection, identification sampling, Emergency Response and Consequence Management.
- Experience with personal protective equipment/facility/infrastructure protection, including mail-handling and hazard plume modeling.
- Understanding of vulnerability assessment fundamentals and principles.
- Familiarity with DoD survivability assessments and mission assurance guidance.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Antiterrorism Force Protection Program and surveillance procedures against US personnel if deployed in an overseas environment and of foreign Intelligence Collection against US Personnel.
- Willing to accept worldwide deployments which include high threat permissive areas presenting some risks to personal safety.
- Be capable of operating in all operational and physical environments and work closely with USG military, US Department of State and/or civilian personnel.
Hours: 0730-1600 hours M-F
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
- PhD or Master’s degree in Medical or Scientific field.
- Prior Active or Reserve/National Guard Duty Military as a Branch or MOS qualified Chemical or Medical Corps Officer/Senior Enlisted, or comparable civilian experience
- Previous experience in a chemical or biological defense position.
- Experience conducting vulnerability-based assessments
- Willingness to travel.
- Prior military operational experience desirable in high-threat environment.
CENTRA Technology, Inc. provides analytic services and systems engineering to US Government and commercial customers. We have offices in Burlington, MA and Arlington, VA. EOE/Veterans/Disabled.
CENTRA offers a full range of benefits, including competitive salary, comprehensive health plan including dental coverage, company-paid life & disability insurance policies, 401(k) plan with company match and profit-sharing, ESOP, incentive bonuses, and a generous educational reimbursement program.
Interested candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job code 8-WMDS-23-16 in the subject line.