Location: Washington DC area
Requisition #: 8-MSS-11-16
U.S. Citizenship and existing TOP SECRET/SCI CLEARANCE with POLY are absolutely required.
CENTRA Technology, Inc. has an opening for a Mid-Level Security Specialist.
Description of Duties: Serves as a Mid-level Personnel, Physical or Information Security Specialist for National-level organizations; specific duties and functions include:
- Assisting with the preparation and coordination of National-level security policy, including insider threat mitigation, security investigations, adjudication, clearances and access, sensitive compartmented information facilities, and safeguarding classified information
- Assisting with the identification, coordination and resolution of National-level security issues
- Assisting with the research and other innovative activities designed to improve security practices
- Employing National-level security databases
- Assisting with implementation of policies and procedures that result in obtaining the proper balance between the protection of and sharing of National Security Information
Education: Position requires the individual to have earned an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Individual must have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in one or more of the following security functions: personnel security, physical security, information security – this experience should demonstrate a solid background in both conducting security activities and in executing security staff officer duties for large organizations/agencies. Individual must demonstrate be familiar with Federal statutes and regulations as well as National policies that govern US security activities. The individual must be able to assist in identifying the strengths and weaknesses of security issuances, programs and policies and have the ability to identify and develop initiatives to improve those areas.
- Individual must have one (1) year of experience in or supporting the Intelligence Community. The individual must be generally familiar with the security challenges these agencies face, the differences in their programs, and have the ability to work across multiple organizations to assist in integrating their activities for the overall protection of US National Security.
- Individual must demonstrate good communication and coordination skills and background. Individual must be able to understand complex security documents and presentations, be able to prepare both documents and briefings as well as present those documents and briefings in both written and verbal form to audiences that may be very security savvy as well as to those that have little depth in the field. Individual must demonstrate the ability to successfully coordinate security actions within and external to the parent organization.
CENTRA Technology, Inc. provides analytic services and systems engineering to US Government and commercial customers. We have offices in Burlington, MA and Arlington, VA. EOE/Veterans/Disabled.
CENTRA offers a full range of benefits, including competitive salary, comprehensive health plan including dental coverage, company-paid life & disability insurance policies, 401(k) plan with company match and profit-sharing, ESOP, incentive bonuses, and a generous educational reimbursement program.