Minimum Security Clearance
- Secret WITH SSBI clearance only OR Active Top Secret considered
Reston, Virginia 20190
Travel: No Traveling
Our client, a services provider to Fortune 100 and federal government customers is seeking a Helpdesk Specialist to join its team in Reston, VA.
As a Helpdesk Specialist, you will be responsible for providing world-class customer support to internal employees. You will be the primary resource for the client’s Reston, VA facility, responsible for local and global support. You will help deploy and manage a wide array of business-critical fixed and mobile workstations. You will analyze, research, and resolve complex technical issues, with a strong focus on Linux , Mac, and Windows operating systems and related hardware, and will create/update technical and procedural documentation. As part of a large Enterprise Infrastructure Services organization, you will work closely with senior administrators and engineers on problem escalation and resolution, and act as a liaison to internal customers.
About the Team
As part of the Enterprise Infrastructure Services group, you will work closely with a geographically dispersed team of Helpdesk administrators and specialists who support our global corporate user community and provide support to other Enterprise Systems groups
* Help ensure a high level of customer satisfaction through ownership, resolution and appropriate escalation of issues and trouble tickets; maintain proactive and timely communication with customers via multiple mediums (voice, tickets, email, IM, walk-ups).
* Manage small projects and provide technical leadership to junior Helpdesk technicians.
* Act as strong technical resource and senior escalation point for multiple technologies, including Mac and Linux desktop systems.
* Develop tools to improve helpdesk efficiency and productivity.
* Develop and document processes and procedures for improving efficiencies and decreasing response times.
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a global team.
* Minimum 4+ years experience maintaining Linux operating systems, hardware and packages.
* Minimum 4+ years experience in a customer-driven, results-focused Help Desk environment.
* Minimum 4+ years troubleshooting, upgrading, and repairing desktops, laptops, and associated hardware.
* Minimum 3+ years experience administering Mac\Windows client operating systems and packages.
* Security clearance required.
* High level of competence with Mac OS 10.5 - 10.6 and Ubuntu Linux operating systems.
* Knowledge of packaging, scripting and automation.
* Strong knowledge of networking fundamentals and protocols (DHCP, DNS, HTTP, basic switching)
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
* Proven record of creating policies, procedures, and technical documentation.
* Demonstrated history of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: Yes
* Is a Security Clearance Required: Yes-minimum Secret w/ SSBI clearance
Clovis is a different type of Information Technology, Outsourced Recruiting and Accounting & Finance staffing firm. Clients and candidates benefit from our highly-personal, consultative and selective approach to recruiting. Our win-win approach to recruiting helps our candidates and clients operate more efficiently and profitably.
|If you use the Internet for anything - to download music or software, check the headlines, book a flight - you've probably used Akamai's services without even knowing it. We play a critical role in getting content from providers to consumers. Akamai has created a digital operating environment for the Web. Our global platform of thousands of specially-equipped servers helps the Internet withstand the crush of daily requests for rich, dynamic, and interactive content, transactions, and applications. When delivering on these requests, Akamai detects and avoids Internet problem spots and vulnerabilities, to ensure Websites perform optimally, media and software download flawlessly, and applications perform reliably. Hundreds of enterprises worldwide use our global platform to sell, inform, entertain, market, advertise, deliver software, and conduct their business online. Through our EdgeControl they also gain insight into worldwide Internet conditions and access to tools to manage their online business. With Akamai's managed services there's no infrastructure to build or deploy. We can have you integrated on our platform in just a few days. Today Akamai handles tens of billions of daily Web interactions for companies like Audi, NBC, and Fujitsu, and organizations like the U.S. Department of Defense and NASDAQ -- powering brand new business models that serve the changing online economy.
5+ yrs experience
Industry Category: Tech Support/Help Desk
Unspecified annual salary
Unspecified hourly wage.